WordPress – Issue with latest Redirection update and SQLite Integration

  • Post category:IT
  • Post comments:0 commentaire
  • Post last modified:12 juin 2021
  • Temps de lecture :2 min de lecture

I had some issue after upgrade the Redirection plugin to 4.0. Redirections were not working anymore and I was unable to add some (with ugly « something went wrong » and a 500 API error code). It turned out that was because an incompatibility of the database upgrade with the SQLite Integration plugin : the database upgrade uses many keywords unknown to SQLite (« AFTER » keyword in ALTER TABLE, « SUBSTRING_INDEX » and « LEFT » functions)

To fix this I fixed the « AFTER » keyword in the SQLite Integration plugin. Here is the corresponding (very simple) Pull Request : https://github.com/aaemnnosttv/wp-sqlite-integration/pull/2

To force the Redirection plugin to update the database I updated the « redirection_options » in the table « wp_options ». In the option_value field you will find the serialized options, and in it the snippet «  s:8:"database";s:3:"4.0"  » (my database was in version 4.0) ; I updated to the version 2.0 («  s:8:"database";s:3:"2.0" « ) to be sure to get all the database evolutions, but you may start after that.

As the replacement of the missing SQLite functions was more difficult to handle, I updated the Redirection SQL code to update to the new database and executed it manually in my SQLite database :

Redirection is working fine now, handles redirections properly and let me adds some more again !

Laisser un commentaire

Ce site utilise Akismet pour réduire les indésirables. En savoir plus sur comment les données de vos commentaires sont utilisées.