The comment feature is very handy on dropbox documents, but there is no functionality to export them, and no API to use them. Fortunately, it seems it exists an undocumented /comments2/list_comments API. I made a proof of concept of this API to get the ability to exports comments. (more…)
I had some issue after upgrade the Redirection plugin to 4.0. Redirections were not working anymore and I was unable to add some (with ugly “something went wrong” and a 500 API error code). It turned out that was because an incompatibility of the database upgrade with the SQLite Integration plugin : the database upgrade uses many keywords unknown to SQLite (“AFTER” keyword in ALTER TABLE, “SUBSTRING_INDEX” and “LEFT” functions) (more…)
If you want to add a new social option in the topbar of OceanWP, you may have seen the OceanWP documentation here. But it adds it at the end. You you wish to reorder the new social option, here is a little trick, by inserting the new option in the correct place in the array instead of adding it to the end. (more…)
You may want to have in Excel some contents from the Internet. In some case, the basic functionalities of Excel / LibreOffice will be enough to get the data, but in most of the case, you will need more complex processing. So I wrote a simple script that will scrap the content with regular expression, xpath or css selector, and expose the results in a very simple API so that Excel / LibreOffice will be able to use it. (more…)
I want a offline browseable static version of my wordpress website to be able to put it on USB or upload to a backup static location. I searched some wordpress plugins to do that and wp2static seemed very promising. But it turned out disappointing (version 6.1) because of many flaws in the crawler (many url were missed) and in the ways url are rendered as it is mainly intended to output with a full target URL (relative URLs are really not working at all). I tried a bit to patch the plugin but the code was too difficult to understand and modify. So I decided to use a tool outside wordpress, the well known httrack I used years ago. (more…)
OctoPrint is a great tool to control your 3D printer but offers by default only one camera (which can be the native raspberry one or a usb one). But one camera is not enough to be able to monitor the hotend and to take a nice timelapse of your item while printing. So I decided to add a second camera to the raspberry. There is an excellent plugin “MultiCam” that does most of the job, but there is still some configuration to do. (more…)
GitHub is a great collaborative development platform for Open Source. My projects were currently only published in source zip files, and my SVN repository was private. Having played a while with GitHub, this is now a must have if you want some contributions. So I decided to publish my projects to GitHub.
But I had some exigences :
- Keep separate a ‘private’ repository and the GitHub public one : I use a repository to sync files between my Linux and Windows development environments with a lot of technical commits
- Have history commits (but cleaned of those technical commits and rubbish comments)
As I use SVN for my private repository, it is very easy to distinguish from git commits. And both tools perfectly works alongside each other.
To migrate contents, I wrote two scripts, inspired by this article about GIT commits in the past : https://leewc.com/articles/making-past-git-commits/ (more…)
I had this very bad habit of testing speed of my disks with dd, very simply :
root@server:/mnt# dd if=/dev/md0 of=/dev/null bs=1M count=100
100+0 enregistrements lus
100+0 enregistrements écrits
104857600 octets (105 MB) copiés, 4,56589 s, 23,0 MB/s
But with some lack of sleep, I accidentaly replaced the wrong argument and wrote to my disk, by putting my disk in ‘of’ instead of ‘if’ argument. My disks are in RAID5 to have redundancy and allow one failure. If it was a physical disk, that would be OK, just have to resync the array. But this would have been too easy, and the mistake was done with the array disk, unrecoverable. And with the first giga of the disk, it aims critical data…The repair was quite difficult, it took me one day to minimally recover and the service to be back again (step 1), but siw months to fully recover (step 2). As it could be useful, below are main parts. (more…)
Visual Studio creates your personal folder in %userdata%/Documents which is surprising and anoying when you want to keep the Documents for documents… You may think that as a professionnal developer tool, there will be a simple setting for the personal folder, but you are wrong, and it is a real pain to change this folder.
Different possibilities are shown on internet forums :
- give up
- change registry settings (a lot)
- use a ntfs junction to move files (do not solve the pollution in documents, but files will be in right place)
I choose the registry one, and decided to provide a small tool to help with : VSFolderMove (more…)